Sterling fire hampers fundraising efforts

Sep 02, 2012 -- 11:54am

 

- ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Fundraising efforts by Kenai Peninsula firefighters were hampered when they tackled a residential fire in Sterling. KTUU says firefighters for Central Emergency Services responded to the blaze Saturday morning and found nobody was at the home. The fire caught on the natural gas line and was not extinguished until utility workers were shut off the line remotely. The fire caused $100,000 damage to the two-story home. The fire's aftermath took firefighters a few extra hours, diverting the fire department's manpower away from the annual Muscular Dystrophy Association "Fill the Boot" fundraiser. Even though they could not do much fundraising Saturday, firefighters will be accepting donations at the Soldotna fire station until Friday.
 

Return to: KFQD News Blog

Breaking News

WEATHER

Copyright © KFQD AM/FM. All Rights Reserved. Internet Development by Triton Digital Media.