Weather Alert

Anchorage motel shut down due to multiple code violations

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — About 30 people became temporarily homeless after a low-budget Anchorage motel was abruptly closed due to myriad code violations. Anchorage Stay N’ Save is facing multiple safety code violations following an inspection by city officials, police and fire investigators. It closed on Thursday. Authorities reported to the hotel after learning that there was no heat or hot water at the motel. Brian Deal, the city’s fire marshal, says the facility also did not have working sprinklers or smoke detectors. It had windows that were boarded over or ill-fitting, padlocked doors, and space heaters in the rooms along with feces in the showers and junk in the hallways.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On